BACKSTORY: St. James Square was renamed in 1883 to honor the Telfair family. The Telfairs included former Governor Edward Telfair, Congressman Thomas Telfair and Mary Telfair (1791–1875), benefactor of Savannah's Telfair Museum of Art. The square also containsThe Jepsen Center for the Arts as well as tributes to the Girl Scouts of the USA, founded by Savannahian Juliette Gordon Low, and to the chambered nautilus. Telfair Square is located on Barnard, between State and York Streets.

Jepsen Center for the Arts

Trinity Church